Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
yeah im about to rant

I know the Locked role is supposed to be a punishment for players who break the rules, exploiting, hacking, etc. But I'm coming to find that more and more restrictions get added continually to the point where everything I like to do gets placed behind bars for me. The Locked role was banned from leaderboards but originally it wasn't implemented right and we could still access challenge mode and be on the WR leaderboards. I no longer have access to challenge mode which I understand partially because you get locked if you cheat. I have never hacked on a Manacube course and I don't intend to change this. All of my times are legit and now i'm revoked access to challenge mode? Every time I seem to find a fun aspect to this server, it gets yanked from me and placed behind an intangible barrier. I really enjoyed streaming on this server and getting world records live. Speedrunning insane courses really captivates me because it's just a fun experience for me and now I can no longer do it. I can't get records, I can't play champs, there's no point in me playing maps because i've beaten every one. The only real thing that I can do now is make maps which is a distraction but I don't want to only make maps on this server. I want to get records because its something I enjoy.

it doesn't help that the Locked is a punishment with no expiration date that cannot be changed without an appeal. and there is no appeal in sight for me because if I were to appeal they'll say they haven't noticed any change and they'll continue to say this until a year has passed. I'm at a loss of what to do on this server. I love the community and mapmaking but it feels like every time I start to feel a little more comfortable and have fun on this server, it's ripped from my hands. and the whole locked system requires you to stay active during a long time frame but what's the point in being active if the only thing I can do is build maps to an ungrateful server that continually makes my experience worse. idk man it just seems super excessive that there is no line between someone who was locked for actually cheating, fly hacks, speed hacks, nofall, etc. and someone who exploited an unintentional mechanic of the server. the leaderboard ban is a bit outrageous considering you cant really exploit in challenge mode without the usage of a hacked client.

it's just tedious to continually have features taken from you

Last edited:

IdkU

ELITE
IdkU
IdkU
ELITE
Ratings
I like the idea of a time limit until locked expires. It seems a bit ridiculous to get locked for such a small thing and appeals being rejected for who knows what.