Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
sorry i couldn't test it more, but i am sure you did good with the rest of the parkour! good luck!

gingerdave01

PATRON
BritishBrew
BritishBrew
ELITE
Ratings
» Username - Jashhy

» Map name - Barren

» Photos of your Parkour
Attached!

» The # of your Plot / or warp name to it - /plot v Jashhy 3

» Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane) - Hard

» Number of jumps (Optional) - 61
this looks amazing

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
By far your best build so far Jashhy, and good parkour too, the only thing is that vine to flowerpot is way too hard in my opinion., keep up the good work.

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
By far your best build so far Jashhy, and good parkour too, the only thing is that vine to flowerpot is way too hard in my opinion., keep up the good work.
Heya Tas!

I have nerfed the jump you stated, by removing the slab which allows for easier movement onto the flowerpot; see here:
1608414734053.png

Here are POVs from the slab being there and when the slab is removed.
The slab in place:

Slab removed:

With the slab being in the way, you'd have to leave the vine a little lower before moving forward, but I see the issue <3
The jump has been changed and the slab has now been removed.

oh yeah, and the headline of this post is supposed to say hard instead of medium
Also thank you, Pris, I completely glossed over this; thank you for noticing my mistake!

Cheers both,
Jashhy

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Jashhy!

I have tested your map and am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or not. That being said, if the Map Judges disagree with my opinions they will go by their own thoughts.

Firstly the THEME of your map. I'm not exactly sure what your theme is. Barren doesn't ring any bells for me. The only thing it reminds me of is Scarecrow which is an Insane map. However I do believe it is not a scarecrow and something else, so the theme is original in my eyes!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. It looks really nice! However, as I'm not sure what it is or what you based it off of, I can't comment on how accurate the build is. I believe you did a great job on it1

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. Most importantly I thought it was pretty enjoyable to play through. You had nice jump variation in the map, which made the map interesting and not boring at any part, without making the build look messier. The map has a great length, and had good checkpoint placement for the most part. I couldn't find any skips, my only flaw with the map is that I think it is a little bit too tough for the Hard difficulty. Especially the last checkpoint is something I would have a second look at. It's very long, and has really tough jumps. I would go over the map and nerf it a little bit, but it's all up to you.

Right now it's a +0.5 from me. Good luck! :D

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Firstly the THEME of your map. I'm not exactly sure what your theme is. Barren doesn't ring any bells for me. The only thing it reminds me of is Scarecrow which is an Insane map. However I do believe it is not a scarecrow and something else, so the theme is original in my eyes!
it didn't remind you of Lantern? :sob:

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Hello Jashhy!

I have tested your map and am here to give you my review of the map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect whether the map gets accepted or not. That being said, if the Map Judges disagree with my opinions they will go by their own thoughts.

Secondly the BUILD of your map. It looks really nice! However, as I'm not sure what it is or what you based it off of, I can't comment on how accurate the build is. I believe you did a great job on it1

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. Most importantly I thought it was pretty enjoyable to play through. You had nice jump variation in the map, which made the map interesting and not boring at any part, without making the build look messier. The map has a great length, and had good checkpoint placement for the most part. I couldn't find any skips, my only flaw with the map is that I think it is a little bit too tough for the Hard difficulty. Especially the last checkpoint is something I would have a second look at. It's very long, and has really tough jumps. I would go over the map and nerf it a little bit, but it's all up to you.

Right now it's a +0.5 from me. Good luck! :D
Heya Gamers!
I decided to add a checkpoint near the end section, I understand what you mean as it is pretty hard and would be infuriating if you fell as you would've had to start back by the triple slime jump!
1608487208312.png

Personally, I've left all the other jumps as I believe they're all okay for the current difficulty, some jumps are fairly easy already, but I can see some that are a little annoying (the back wall 4 block is pretty harsh).

Other than this, no changes have been made!
Cheers,
Jashhy

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Oo nice :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Jashhy,

Your map has now been put in ONGOING. It has been judged by me and is currently in the process of being judged by our Map Judge team. You can expect an answer in the coming days! Thank you for your patience.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Jashhy,

I'm glad I'm able to tell you that your map has been ACCEPTED!
  • Theme: Even if some believe the build to be similar to other builds on our server, the theme has most definitely not been done before. Good job on picking out something unique!
  • Build: Personally, I think the build is just fantastic. It's just very pleasing to look at. You should take pride in how well you portrayed your theme. The attention to detail, shaping, and pk integration was superb. Keep it up!
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the hard difficulty in both length and difficulty, no issues there. Furthermore, it felt very enjoyable and forgiving for the most part. I only had to patch an exploit and add/switch around some CPs (nothing too major). It was a near spotless parkour.
I hope to see many more map submissions from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.