Rejected Biome Cake Parkour - Insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! My username is Mr_Toasters. The map I would like to submit is called Biome Cake Parkour. Here are some photos:
Screenshot (23).png
Screenshot (24).png
Screenshot (25).png
The ID of the plot is: -57;-104
The reason i think this is the insane difficulty is because there are a lot of tight jumps, and there are 137 jumps in total (give or take).
Thanks for reading!

Edit: After receiving feedback, I have made some minor changes, which are:
-Making grass drip down the side of the cake, to make it look more like a cake.
-Adding ores to the sides of walls for extra detail.
-Removing some overly difficult jumps.
-Replacing the nether brick fences with glass panes to make it a little more challenging
-Adding jumps to the nether section to make it a little more challenging (jumps were added to total jump count)

Edit 2: After receiving even more feedback (which I really appreciate, thank you!) I've made more changes, which are:
-Replacing jumps in the nether section with piston heads, ice and soul sand.
-Added detail to the nether section.
-Replacing jumps in the desert section with trapdoors and brewing stands
-Replacing jumps in the plains section with trapdoors and stairs.

Here are some photos of what it looks like now:
Screenshot (34).png
Screenshot (35).png

Attachments

Last edited:
Ratings
You did a wonderful job!

But, first, don't build two maps in a single plot! Use /plot claim to claim more plot to build! Then use //copy and //paste to move your map!
The second is, you can add more detail in map, you can copy the stem of the sunflower or something and paste it. For the desert part, you can add some deadbush.
Also, make some higher builds!

The nether part is too simple, try to add some details like panes.
Some jumps are too toxic, please nerf them. But don't make it too easy!

Have a nice day!

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
You did a wonderful job!

But, first, don't build two maps in a single plot! Use /plot claim to claim more plot to build! Then use //copy and //paste to move your map!
The second is, you can add more detail in map, you can copy the stem of the sunflower or something and paste it. For the desert part, you can add some deadbush.
Also, make some higher builds!

The nether part is too simple, try to add some details like panes.
Some jumps are too toxic, please nerf them. But don't make it too easy!

Have a nice day!
People can build several builds on a plot if they want. Where have you heard that from? Also higher builds means nothing, the build just needs to be good :D

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Biome maps are very unoriginal as a theme, however this puts a unique twist on the theme and I really like it. The top of the cake could use more details like nether warts maybe? It just looks a little bland. But the build is overall well done.

The parkour is not diverse enough though. It's mostly jumping from full blocks, ladders, or fences. You need more unique blocks mixed in to the parkour like ice, brewing stands, trapdoors, piston heads, etc. This will set the parkour apart from any old map and make it much more entertaining to do. If you need an example of these types of jumps, /warp beta is a good place to look.

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Hey I just logged on awhile ago and I happened to still be on your map, and I saw you changed up the parkour, so I played through it.

The parkour is more diverse, but it is repetitive still in a couple places - the fence segment in on the grass layer, the cacti jumps on the second, the candle jumps on the last (I would remove this segment), and the several ladder jumps. You had a couple jumps that were just straight distance jumps, it's better to have jumps that make you go twisty turny by blocking off a straight path but allowing the player to make the jump by curving around. I also think the map is better suited for a medium save for a few jumps, or a hard if you buffed the jumps in between the more difficult ones. Lastly, the checkpoints felt too far apart, I like to place checkpoints about 7-10 jumps apart, but this varies. Consider placing an additional checkpoint between the all of current ones.

The difficultly would need a massive buffing if you wanted it to fit into insane. It's probably easier to cut down your jumps to 80 and buff a few of the easiest jumps. I am excited to see how this turns out!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Mr_Toasters,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have several biome maps and a cake map (Seasons, FloatingBiomes, Cake.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done before by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ I will say that the concept of combining them is unique, so good job on that!
The build is
accurate to what you were going for with a decent amount of details throughout! I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this!
The parkour does have
a bit of variety throughout, but it does have its repetitive moments, so try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! The parkour is also a bit confusing in certain spots, so make sure you have plenty of directional indicators throughout so players know where to go! The length of the parkour is good for an insane map; however, the jumps are a bit too easy.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more maps from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.