khirina

Dedicated Member
VIP
khirina
khirina
VIP
Ratings
130 6
After around 70 hours of work, my magnum opus is complete !

Name: khirina
Map name: El Ateneo
Plot: /plot v khirina 2
Dif: Insane
Jumps: 137
Checkpoints: 10

2020-08-18_17.50.20.png 2020-08-18_17.51.11.png 2020-08-18_17.51.52.png 2020-08-18_17.52.17.png 2020-08-18_17.50.37.png 2020-08-18_17.51.31.png

It is rather fitting that my first map was El dorado, as this is my last major project on mana. I'll still play here (mainly focusing on insanes) and even do parkour for some people or make a small map, but for the usual big maps, this is my last.

I have to say thank you to @Chicken for being my best man on mana, it's been nice progressing with you.

About the map, El Ateneo is a bookstore in Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was made in 1919, originally built as a theatre (then a cinema and now a bookstore) and has been rated the most beautiful bookstore in the world by National Geographic.

I'm sure there are flaws with this map (mainly the parkour). I intended it to be an easy insane, although i believe it to be a more average insane now that i have built the pk. Also, I know the map looks rather dark. That's just the shaders, and the map is much brighter in person.

ty for reading,

khi

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
I’m sorry happy with the way this build has come out for you... I was skeptical at the beginning on how well you could do it but I think it’s executed perfectly. I’m so sad that this is your last big project and I’m truly grateful to be your best man-a! Hope to maybe build a little map with you in the future!

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
It is finally ready!! I still remember when that big open space was nothing but chained triple neos (which I nailed ofc.... :3) nOt . I'm looking forward to playing this map. Good luck with your submission and stay around, it's sad that we won't be working together again but it was fun while it lasted!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello khirina,

I will be putting this map into reviewing. This means there are many good aspects about your map that I really liked, but there are also some problems with the map that will need to be changed or fixed before it is fully accepted. You will have until September 29th, 2020 to make changes before your map is automatically rejected.

The theme and build are really great, the map is beautiful and accurate to references of El Ateneo. Really stunning and I was honestly astonished when I looked around. Really nice work! I don't have much to say about the theme and build otherwise, you really nailed it.

The parkour is great as well for the most part, except for the first two checkpoints of the parkour which I and other judges found to be riddled with pretty unforgiving and annoying jumps. The first two checkpoints were also pretty confusing. Reworking these two parts would be optimal for sure.
The main issue with the map aside from the first two checkpoints is the door puzzle that starts the map. Other map judges and myself felt that the door puzzle was difficult, time consuming, and just not very fun. It also doesn't really have anything to do with the parkour, so it feels a bit out of place. We also worry that if more than one person tries to do the door puzzle at once that it could cause confusion or mess up the redstone, etc. There are just many issues with the door puzzle that could keep people from even starting the actual parkour that it is better off just being removed, unfortunately.

Thank you for submitting this map! Please message me on Discord @ Quinny#2316 when you have finished revisions so that I can review the map again. Hope to hear from you soon, and thank you for your many great builds and contributions to ManaCube parkour!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello khirina,

Thank you for making the necessary changes to this map! It is now being accepted. If you have any further questions, feel free to message me on Discord. Thanks for submitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.