Inktest

Forum Expert
ELITE
Inktest
Inktest
ELITE
Ratings
234 8
The "Modern" theme doesn't have anything to do with the map, also, there isn't any building, so it's al undecorated floaty jumps, also the difficulty sometimes is easy, sometimes is medium, and I don't think a jump that lets you jump the whole map is a good idea, mostly because it loses time.
The length is suitable for easy.

For me it's a -1, I would recommend variating the blocks, use piston heads, brewing stands, vines, trapdoors, etc.. also, build some structure that is original (Check the list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit?usp=sharing ) and build the parkour around or inside that structure without too many floaty jumps.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
The theme isn't really related to the map as Inktest said, but the theme of modern building has been done quite a bit, so I wouldn't say it's very original if that's what you were going for.

The parkour is very short for a medium; using the ladder tower, you can complete the map in just 13 jumps! You want around 3x that in a medium map, if not more. It's also confusing, with random jumps added that don't take you anywhere, and extremely easy, with jumps that would be considered easy even in an Easy map.

The build is... well, not really there. It's just floating blocks with a few 1x1 towers.

Overall, I'll have to give the map a -1, unfortunately.

Keep in mind, I am not an official map judge; take my review as that of a normal member of the community <3

Luci

Forum Expert
ELITE
drowfie
drowfie
ELITE
Ratings
98 3
Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that your map has been rejected, firstly, the name really doesn't go with your map at all, but we already have a lot of maps revolving around the "Modern" theme. There also really isn't a main build, which Map Judges tend to frown upon, as most of the parkour is floating. The jumps are decently varied, but the variation could definitely be improved, it's also too short to be a medium map, as well as being too easy for the difficulty you're going for.

In the future when creating maps, please add a 'main' build, as floating jumps are looked down upon, I also strongly recommend looking at the official map list with themes here: https://www.manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ , as well as to also look at the map requirements and information listed here: https://www.manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/, please look over this list and refer to the "Building Tips" section on the forum, I'd also recommend adding more variation in jumps, such as brewing stands, vines, chests, cake, soul sand, ice, etc. rather than having a repetitive section of the same blocks over and over again.

Thank you for taking the time to create, and submit this map to the forums, I hope to see more from you in the future.
Luci

Status
Not open for further replies.