Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Pris and Des!

I am here to give you my review of your map!

Firstly the THEME of your map. I definitely haven't seen a map like this in Manacube yet, in fact I don't even recognize the creature! I have never heard of it so I think it's safe to believe that this is an originally themed map submission (After fact checking, I actually do know what the creature is, but I didn't know how it looked like and there is definitely not a map of it I believe!) (Comparing to Pond haha) Nice work!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. After looking at reference pictures I believe you managed to build the creature and the surroundings very well. The aesthetical appearance of your map is very appealing to me, and it captures the feel very well! It's a frightening appearance for sure! Good work on the build!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. I found the parkour to be decently fun. The length of the map is great for a Hard map, and you have thought out the checkpoint placements well! You have also chosen parkour blocks that fit the aesthetic of the map, and that don't ruin it's appearance. The only things that bother me with your map is the difficulty, and the routing of the parkour. I assume that you have checked out the skips with BDOSborne so I didn't bother to check them out myself. The parkour feels difficult for a Hard map, with some rather questionable jumps that in my opinion don't belong in a Hard map. However it's not hard enough to be an Expert either, so it's in an awkward middle ground. I would recommend you to nerf the parkour a little bit. The route the parkour takes is weird, it kind of goes around the trees at the start, most likely to pad out the jump amount to a Hard map. The end is also a little awkward where you just jump behind the creature and land under the map to the goal. Overall summary I believe your map has great potential and might be accepted the way it is now, but there are things that I believe you guys could improve and fix!

Remember that my opinion does not affect the judging result! If Map Judges disagree with me, they will go by their own thoughts rather than mine!

I'm going to give it a +0.5 for now. Good luck! :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Pris and Des,

Your map has now been put in ONGOING. It has been judged by me and is currently in the process of being judged by our Map Judge team. You can expect an answer in the coming days! Thank you for your patience.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Pris and Des,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have no maps themed after the Noekken, this is most definitely an originally themed map submission. Good job on coming up with something new!
  • Build: Personally, I feel like the build could've done a lot better. For starters, the Noekken itself just doesn't look right. If I'm being honest I really couldn't tell what it was at all from the first glance. I understand you want to create this feeling of this sea creature half-submerged in water, but you also gotta make sure it still really stands out and looks like what you were going for. And the monster isn't even really built underneath. It could definitely use some work. Some other minor things would be that the surroundings could also be executed a little better. Try to make the area look less empty and make the water look murkier.
  • Parkour: In my opinion, the parkour was too hard for the hard difficulty. It could definitely use some nerfing, even though the cp placement wasn't bad maybe it and some pk jumps could be reworked. It also felt rather confusing at times (on the trees/on the Noekken). Besides that, it was pretty varied and enjoyable to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.