Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14
g g
After making this comment, I decided to do some research and I just wanted to further clarify some things. Since there is a leaderboard for Prestiges, buying tons of Cubits, selling them, and Prestiging a bunch of times is pay-to-win, however, it does not break the Eula, because as I mentioned earlier, you get no gameplay advantage from doing it. This would also apply to the Cubits leaderboard itself.

It can be argued that buying ranks do provide a tactical advantage through things like /kit giving potions and enderpearls or /speed, however, I do not believe it does because the items can still be obtained in-game for very fair prices and /speed does not affect Challenge mode, which is where a lot of the competition on Parkour is.

As far as I know, I don't think the Parkour server on ManaCube is pay-to-win, however, if you think I am wrong, please tell me! I'd love to have a discussion about this. Also, bear in mind I only play Parkour, so I can't speak on the other game modes and if they are pay-to-win our not.

Cheers!
What's the objective in manacube parkour? To rankup, get higher parkour ranks! you don't need to be good at parkour to do that though! You can just buy mana, buy pearls, pearl your way to higher scores, then just use ur money to buy mana for high parkour ranks!

Once_Upon_A_Mine

VIP
Once_Upon_A_Mine
Once_Upon_A_Mine
VIP
Ratings
49 3
As you said, buying ranks for things like speed and monthly chests, I really think this is enough to say that parkour is p2w because as someone who used to use speed all the time (speedy gonzalez, if you will), i can say that it’s a huge advantage
Yes, I agree with CosmicWaves. Although there is a lot of competition in challenge mode on the pk server, at the end of the day challenge mode doesn't mean much.

To elaborate, you can't look at a player's stats and see how many challenge mode courses they have completed. Additionally, one can also get a check mark by not beating a single course in Challenge Mode.

Clearly, the pk server is p2w.

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,749 83
There's a reason why only 5% of parkour players are donators

Yes you can use speed, pearls, pegasus boots etc. in regular parkour & donators will also earn extra mana, but mana only gets you cosmetic rewards.

Everything is disabled in races & challenge mode, where you are directly competing with other players in races, & world record times in challenge mode. Also speed was never meant to be enabled in races (it's been fixed now)

Gonna add challenge mode completion stat/leaderboard

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7

Yes you can use speed, pearls, pegasus boots etc. in regular parkour & donators will also earn extra mana, but mana only gets you cosmetic rewards.

Everything is disabled in races & challenge mode, where you are directly competing with other players in races, & world record times in challenge mode. Also speed was never meant to be enabled in races (it's been fixed now)

Dacon cute asf

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47

please add more parkour and oly donor perks :.pleading_face:
https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-donator-rank-suggestions.57133/

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43

I look forward to the challenge mode leaderboards. Don't forget that mana can be and often is sold for cubits, which perpetuates the donor cycle. No system can ever be perfect, but as long as donors gain more mana than anyone else, I don't know how it can ever truly not be P2W.

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
as long as donors gain more mana than anyone else, I don't know how it can ever truly not be P2W.
Since i get twice as much mana as i would if i didn't have a donator rank, i am much more motivated to grind maps for mana. earning 100 per completion of an expert would make my life hell. getting 200 is more liveable, so mana is more p2w in that sense psychologically.

Babalee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Babalee
Babalee
ELITE
Ratings
90 4
I mean at the end of the day we're all out here to have fun and play some parkour maps. In that case, everyone has access to all of the maps, minus the 40 or so donor maps. But there are still 1400+ maps to play without a rank anyway, so I think in terms of being able to have enjoyment out of parkour, it isn't P2W. On the cosmetic side it is, but cosmetics aren't important for the gameplay, which is all I'm mainly looking for in a good parkour server, or really any server in general.

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14

Mana doesn't just give you cosmetic rewards, pretty sure the objective of parkour is to RANKUP?
Donators get SPEED, and EXTRA MANA when completing maps which is a huge advantage in my book.
You could argue that you can't really buy score, but the thing is, you can still actually grind score more efficiently if you have a rank.
Here's how:
Step 1: Buy MVP+ or above.
Step 2: go in an insane map that only requires 1 pearl to beat.
Step 3: Get 400 mana because of donator perks, use that mana to get more and more score! It's like recycling lmfao.
Step 4: Buy cubits from the store and sell them to make back for all of that mana loss for score.
Step 5: Continue! Keep ranking up like the loser you are!

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
Step 4: Buy cubits from the store and sell them to make back for all of that mana loss for score.
anyone can do this, you dont need to be a donator. and also you can buy a stack (16) of ender pearls from the black market on the store here, which anyone can do. you can also get pegasus boots
forgive me if im wrong, but i dont think there are any one-pearl insane maps. one-pearl maps arent allowed, and if one is found it should be reported for this exact reason. maps like ancient, gears, drill, squid, etc can probably be done in two pearls, but you would have to be very precise.
although donators get /speed, since all maps are designed to be done without speed, then pegasus boots should be enough to make them a lot easier.
Finally, since the best way to grind mana is to do adventure maps and buy cooldown reset tokens in the ah, anyone can get tonnes of mana quickly. i grind an expert maps without speed, and i get about 1000 mana in 15 minutes. thats just as fast as being good at adventures, and grinding adventure maps is a lot more interesting, so donators dont have an advantage in that way.
So yes, although donators do get it slightly easier to rankup, there isnt that much difference at the end of the day

Dacon

Owner
OWNER
xDacon
xDacon
Owner
Ratings
4,749 83
Mana doesn't just give you cosmetic rewards, pretty sure the objective of parkour is to RANKUP?
Donators get SPEED, and EXTRA MANA when completing maps which is a huge advantage in my book.
You could argue that you can't really buy score, but the thing is, you can still actually grind score more efficiently if you have a rank.
Here's how:
Step 1: Buy MVP+ or above.
Step 3: Get 400 mana because of donator perks, use that mana to get more and more score! It's like recycling lmfao.
Step 5: Continue! Keep ranking up like the loser you are!
anyone can do this, you dont need to be a donator. and also you can buy a stack (16) of ender pearls from the black market on the store here, which anyone can do. you can also get pegasus boots

forgive me if im wrong, but i dont think there are any one-pearl insane maps. one-pearl maps arent allowed, and if one is found it should be reported for this exact reason. maps like ancient, gears, drill, squid, etc can probably be done in two pearls, but you would have to be very precise.
although donators get /speed, since all maps are designed to be done without speed, then pegasus boots should be enough to make them a lot easier.
Finally, since the best way to grind mana is to do adventure maps and buy cooldown reset tokens in the ah, anyone can get tonnes of mana quickly. i grind an expert maps without speed, and i get about 1000 mana in 15 minutes. thats just as fast as being good at adventures, and grinding adventure maps is a lot more interesting, so donators dont have an advantage in that way.
So yes, although donators do get it slightly easier to rankup, there isnt that much difference at the end of the day
and (besides skilled rank) rankups are just a cosmetic prefix

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
forgive me if im wrong, but i dont think there are any one-pearl insane maps
Nah there are some, but most of them requires around 10 jumps to complete

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14

One pearl maps are a thing.

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14

This does not mean there still isn't a difference. As someone who doesn't play adventure maps, I always just played the regular maps. pretty sure there are tons of other people out there like me.

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14

I am aware that you don't need a donator rank to buy cubits, but that doesn't really mean anything? It's more efficient to buy cubits and sell them for mana.

tokkiespotter

MVP
tokkiespotter
tokkiespotter
MVP
Ratings
35 1

New checkmark?.