chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
There has been a rising issue in the parkour gamemode with people being banned/muted for the most ridiculous reasons, and for people who actually do deserve to get muted, just getting ignored.

One of my favorite times was when a player/close friend of of named Nugget decided to playfully change their name to 'Nugger' as it was a ongoing joke that was going on in the main chat. However, they were muted for chat bypass. This thread isn't to bring light to the situation and how it was justified, this thread is also to talk about how much singling out is going on in this server. I was recently reported for typing 'FUICK OFF' in chat, now this message was not directed towards anyone as I was just letting out some frustration at the time.

However, there have been countless times when someone has fat fingered a key while raging, causing them to 'bypass' which must be oh so malicious. If a mod was to mute someone every fucking time they fat fingered a key saying CUINT, FUICK, then there would be half the players online typing in chat. There needs to be more consistency with the chat moderators because there is a line between malicious bypassing, and just fat fingering a key.

This is server has some fantastic mods, but the equality line between what deserves mutes/bans and what doesn't is indeed, just as large as the fingers pressing the wrong button raging.

For this next part, Ill be kind of throwing myself under the bus, but whatever because I know that every single person knows what exactly kind of situation I'm describing, and has had to deal with it before. (But watch me get singled out anyways.)

I think anyone who has played with me on Manacube Parkour knows that I can get pretty.... explicit sometimes, and how most the time it went un-noticed. And I think anyone whos played with me knows I've said much worse that "Send Nudes" right? RIGht? Welp, this server decided to ignore the countless other.... unique things I've said, while deciding to single out the one thing that is indeed, less that other things I've said.

Its like telling BDO to change his nick from 'PoopyDumbButt', then ignoring the obscene nicknames he has whenever hes online.

These situations I've described above, plus several others from the past, have made my countless LOYAL HOURS on this server so un-enjoyable. So to some degree, you might be able to understand my frustration and rage in chat when I see the un-equality going around.

Until this problem is further sorted, I cannot see myself further enjoying this server, or logging on with the same excitement like I used to in the past.

Signing off till further notice, or until this server decides to get its shit together, whichever comes first.

Toodles!

edit: this could apply to other gamemodes as well, but im only familar with the parkour situation, so, take it as you will for other gamemodes.

double edit: the filter on this server isnt the best because one can just spam F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** over and over again and it wont get censored like it should be ;-;

Last edited:

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
wow. totally agree with this. you're a great person cosmic/intertidal/graphite/allthethingsyouvebeen.
the moderation has to change, its totally unfair.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
i would never have such a rude name like poopydumbbutt thats incredibly offensive and racist and is personally directed at people in order to maliciously attack them! i can understand just like spammin characters or swearing out of frustration but i think there would be alot less silly and needless mutes if the filter drastically improved, i have been muted for saying a bad word twice in a row after a reset was announced and the filter didnt work so i got muted for 1 day for bypassing even though i didnt even try to. :(
maybe u could have a cool feature for donors or watever for a more relaxed chat space.
i mean its the same as guild chat but since that is on the bottom of the repair list why not susggest another feature!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I totally understand how this can be frustrating, though it's been going on for a while. While you think that equality would mean everyone would get what they deserve, it literally means everyone will be treated equally. Rule breakers will be punished regardless of circumstances, so is equality really fair? On the other hand, equity takes into consideration other factors such as the circumstances of the individual- this is just something to think about :)

bomber

Forum Expert
ELITE
bomberboy124
bomberboy124
ELITE
Ratings
yeah, it is pretty unfair, agree with everything you said. I hope they fix it and take it more seriously. Like you said, there are some great mods, but sometimes they needa kick it up a notch

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
There has been a rising issue in the parkour gamemode with people being banned/muted for the most ridiculous reasons, and for people who actually do deserve to get muted, just getting ignored.

One of my favorite times was when a player/close friend of of named Nugget decided to playfully change their name to 'Nugger' as it was a ongoing joke that was going on in the main chat. However, they were muted for chat bypass. This thread isn't to bring light to the situation and how it was justified, this thread is also to talk about how much singling out is going on in this server. I was recently reported for typing 'FUICK OFF' in chat, now this message was not directed towards anyone as I was just letting out some frustration at the time.

However, there have been countless times when someone has fat fingered a key while raging, causing them to 'bypass' which must be oh so malicious. If a mod was to mute someone every fucking time they fat fingered a key saying CUINT, FUICK, then there would be half the players online typing in chat. There needs to be more consistency with the chat moderators because there is a line between malicious bypassing, and just fat fingering a key.

This is server has some fantastic mods, but the equality line between what deserves mutes/bans and what doesn't is indeed, just as large as the fingers pressing the wrong button raging.

For this next part, Ill be kind of throwing myself under the bus, but whatever because I know that every single person knows what exactly kind of situation I'm describing, and has had to deal with it before. (But watch me get singled out anyways.)

I think anyone who has played with me on Manacube Parkour knows that I can get pretty.... explicit sometimes, and how most the time it went un-noticed. And I think anyone whos played with me knows I've said much worse that "Send Nudes" right? RIGht? Welp, this server decided to ignore the countless other.... unique things I've said, while deciding to single out the one thing that is indeed, less that other things I've said.

Its like telling BDO to change his nick from 'PoopyDumbButt', then ignoring the obscene nicknames he has whenever hes online.

These situations I've described above, plus several others from the past, have made my countless LOYAL HOURS on this server so un-enjoyable. So to some degree, you might be able to understand my frustration and rage in chat when I see the un-equality going around.

Until this problem is further sorted, I cannot see myself further enjoying this server, or logging on with the same excitement like I used to in the past.

Signing off till further notice, or until this server decides to get its shit together, whichever comes first.

Toodles!

edit: this could apply to other gamemodes as well, but im only familar with the parkour situation, so, take it as you will for other gamemodes.

double edit: the filter on this server isnt the best because one can just spam F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** F*** over and over again and it wont get censored like it should be ;-;
lets go main gd instead