zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
OK BEFORE YOU SAY UNORIGINAL THEME there is actually suprisingly 0 ski themed maps. Furthermore, I have looked at all mountain/snow maps and none are just 1 huge snow covered mountain. So basically this is an original build. If you don't think this is enough, read my bit on the parkour.
The parkour is... interesting. I wanted to create the feeling of skiing, so I thought, what was a better way of doing this than creating Chained Jumps! This means that you don't stop. Each jump requires momentum from the previous jump to beat. This is a rather unique idea as I haven't seen any maps like this.
Now Shinx said he'd replace the cancerous tunnels with teleport blocks, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Idea inspired by Xleep's "10 jumps to 10 jumps"

Thanks to @Coreyspeedmode for finding those sweet exploits (you're a bloody legend)

Name: Ski Resort
Difficulty: Insane
Builders: Zzykrkv, Bricks34
Jumps: 70
/plot v zzykrkv 2

Overall I'm quite proud of how this map turned out, making gameplay was a pain in the arse. I especially like the last jump, I think its super awesome.

Anyway pictures:

1596435537417.png

1596435551468.png

1596435565690.png
1596435583390.png
1596435600216.png
1596435617960.png
1596435642836.png
1596435655118.png

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Btw can we get some appreciation for this map in the info building it took me way too long to make :(
2020-08-03_16.27.34.png

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Heyo

I'm glad to see you submitted this after all and especially happy those long af tunnels are not a thing anymore o.o
Your idea is truly very original and it sounds like anyone playing it would have a blast, too bad I can't do the parkour because I suck :/
Oh well xD

Good luck, I hope it gets accepted o/

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
Heyo

I'm glad to see you submitted this after all and especially happy those long af tunnels are not a thing anymore o.o
Your idea is truly very original and it sounds like anyone playing it would have a blast, too bad I can't do the parkour because I suck :/
Oh well xD

Good luck, I hope it gets accepted o/
thanks a lot :D

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
this build looks amazing as all hell, and the pk is very creative. fr no way this isnt accepted, great job :0

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
OH and for the judge whos reviewing this, don't forget that theres an underground cave section in one of the transitions
2020-08-06_13.54.02.png

2020-08-06_13.54.24.png

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
ok well i just realised that the 45 strafe will probably be the reason for this rejection so i think i'll have to make a case for myself.

Hello heres why i believe the 45 strafe in my parkour should be allowed.
The 45 strafe is incredibly easy, and that is an exaggeration. When someone says an easy 45 strafe, they generally mean something like 1bm 9-15 or a 7bm 5-7, but in this case the 45 strafe is so easy that precision is not even needed. Like it's so easy that you don't need to be precise at all, you just need to correct your angle midair, so the only real challenge is getting the right timing, which is not too hard when you can 45 strafe really late and still survive.

That's what i mean, it was a terrible strafe but stil made it.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey zz,

It makes me very happy to be able to tell you that I will be ACCEPTING your map as a DONATOR INSANE!
  • Theme: As we have no Ski resort-related maps currently on our server, this is most definitely an originally themed map submission. Good job on picking out something that we haven't seen before.
  • Build: Personally, I think the build is quite good. It's a great Minecraft rendition of a real-world Ski Resort. From the lodges to the snow mountain to the t bar ski lifts, it's all very well made. I can't find any issues with the build.
  • Parkour: The parkour is this map's main attraction, with good reason. I tested it, Shinx tested it, and multiple map judges did as well. We believe that the map is long and difficult enough for the insane difficulty. But, it is more than enough for the regular insane difficulty which is why it was accepted as a donator insane. So, although I know you may want it to be a regular insane, adding this as a map is in it of itself a big thing. We don't have a map like this, feel proud that it's in! You worked really hard on the parkour and it was very entertaining to do. I only had to nerf 4-5 jumps (the 45 strafe is still there) and add a couple of barriers. Excellent work!
I hope to see many more map submissions from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.