Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
I think the floor should change imo, it looks way too messy and can be fixed by making a pattern instead of just //set spruce,birch,oak

Dedicated Member
MVP
Ratings
Looks great! Imo it feels a little chaotic with the floor, but the parkour is fun and very unique, the difficulty is spot-on, and the theme is fairly original.

I wish you luck!

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
yea i changed the bottle to white glass but not sure how to fix up floor

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
I would just try to add some detail with similar looking blocks, something like birch planks and sandstone maybe.
These patterns don't look appealing or realistic to me
well we do have birch planks

8d2

Ratings
I would just try to add some detail with similar looking blocks, something like birch planks and sandstone maybe.
These patterns don't look appealing or realistic to me
I agree with this. The drinks themselves look really well-built, but the floor is too chaotic and distracting because there are so many different colors packed together. Here are a few alternatives (that may or not work):
- Like xenobite said, a wooden floor (I would recommend using spruce) textured with one other brown block. If you use too many blocks when texturing, it could become distracting.
- Transforming the floor into a table from a retro diner
- Making a giant wooden floor (see below). This would fit perfectly with the giant soft drinks
2020-11-13_13.32.48.png

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
I agree with this. The drinks themselves look really well-built, but the floor is too chaotic and distracting because there are so many different colors packed together. Here are a few alternatives (that may or not work):
- Like xenobite said, a wooden floor (I would recommend using spruce) textured with one other brown block. If you use too many blocks when texturing, it could become distracting.
- Transforming the floor into a table from a retro diner
- Making a giant wooden floor (see below). This would fit perfectly with the giant soft drinks
View attachment 39130
oooooo ok i like this

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Amp and Matt,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission. I must apologize for it taking too long for your map to be judged, it wasn't my intention to leave it waiting for so long.
  • Theme: As I already mentioned, this is a pretty originally themed map submission. There are no issues there.
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build has improved greatly from the last submission. The main issue really is how the soda cans look. They just don't look like actual cans. Their design is way too simplistic. The details on them have to be upped (so that they're recognizable) and the shaping has to go beyond just a compressed cylinder. What I like to ask myself when building/looking at a map is if without knowing the theme you could guess what it was through the build and this build doesn't do that for me. Also, the random 7 sign kinda threw me off (is it supposed to mean 7-up or somethin'). I just think there are better ways to approach the theme.
  • Parkour: The parkour was pretty fitting for the medium difficulty. It was also quite enjoyable to do! The only complaint I have is that the first cp is way too long, making it rather unforgiving/annoying. If that is patched and the path to the inner soda is more clear, it'd be a spotless pk!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.