ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello!

No time to give a full review, I'm in class rn and had a quick look at the map

Please nerf the parkour A LOT. It is way too difficult for a Medium map right now, and feels more like a short, tough Hard map. There's lots of precise corner jumps and stuff that can be extremely challenging to new players playing Medium maps :)

Good luck!

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
Hello!

No time to give a full review, I'm in class rn and had a quick look at the map

Please nerf the parkour A LOT. It is way too difficult for a Medium map right now, and feels more like a short, tough Hard map. There's lots of precise corner jumps and stuff that can be extremely challenging to new players playing Medium maps :)

Good luck!

Thank you Gamer for the feedback, I've gone and made a lot of the jumps a bit easier now! It is a bit tricky as the build is very corner-y but it should be a bit easier now! please let me know if you feel like anything needs to be changed as I would love more feedback x if you have any ideas for jumps that should be replaced also let me know as I don't want parkour that will make people not want to do it/ not have fun <3

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
The build is quite plain, the theme has potential so I don't know why you wouldn't make it on a fireplace, for example, or have it exploding with presents. The parkour when I tested it was way too hard for Medium,

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
The build is quite plain, the theme has potential so I don't know why you wouldn't make it on a fireplace, for example, or have it exploding with presents. The parkour when I tested it was way too hard for Medium,
There is already a fireplace map with stocking (Think it was toby and shinx that made that one!) The build was a bit tricky but there are presents inside! <3 The parkour was revamped about 10 minutes ago to be a lot easier now as I've removed some jumps and added easier ones in their place/ nerfed a lot of jumps! tysm tas for the feedback it means a lot

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
This is my review on the map after testing it:

Theme - The theme is ok as there are no other stocking maps on manacube, but there are already some christmas themed map. But none of those builds look like this so well done!
Build - Personally I think the build is a little bland, and as said above, you could've added a fireplace or presents. It needs more more block variation as well, as shading or something. But that's just what a stocking looks like. And there were also presents inside of it, which made me happier with the build at least :]
Parkour - After testing the parkour, you have nerfed it so it's more like a medium parkour difficulty now, good job! You also have variation in the different types of jumps which is also great.

All in all I think the map could've done a better job with the build., but otherwise the parkour is good.:]

There you go nick :)

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
So Elly and I took your present idea and we added some floating around the build to make it look better! we really loved the idea so thank you so much for giving us the idea! we even labeled a present for you x

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Thank you des for the feedback, I've gone and made a lot of the jumps a bit easier now! It is a bit tricky as the build is very corner-y but it should be a bit easier now! please let me know if you feel like anything needs to be changed as I would love more feedback x if you have any ideas for jumps that should be replaced also let me know as I don't want parkour that will make people not want to do it/ not have fun <3
Des LOL

JustKyrO

Dedicated Member
MVP+
JustKyrO
JustKyrO
MVP+
Ratings
53 1
Hm to me the build is a bit off. When I think of a stocking it is longer and the bottom part is more stubby, as well as it having a slight downward angle (the stocking is hanging). This looks more like a weird shoe to me. I think it is a good theme, but the build could be a little better. The idea of putting it on a fireplace, filling it, or even something as simple as adding a name to the stocking could really elevate the build! Good luck :D

Last edited:

Smxthie

Forum Expert
ELITE
smxthie
smxthie
ELITE
Ratings
604 49
Hm to me the build is a bit off. When I think of a stocking it is longer and the bottom part is more stubby, as well as it having a slight downward angle (the stocking is hanging). This looks more like a weird shoe to me. I think it is a good theme, but the build could be a little better. The idea of putting it on a fireplace, filling it, or even something as simple as adding a name to the stocking could really elevate the build! Good luck :D
There are presents inside it and all the presents are already labeled! like i said above I didnt do a fireplace due to it already being a map

JustKyrO

Dedicated Member
MVP+
JustKyrO
JustKyrO
MVP+
Ratings
53 1
There are presents inside it and all the presents are already labeled! like i said above I didnt do a fireplace due to it already being a map
I meant overflowing with presents haha so you can see them from the outside. Maybe not a whole fireplace but you can show it is hanging? Like how some stockings have those hooks made of fabric at the back. You could add a beam at the top with a nail and the stocking hook loop around it so it would be hanging. That might also help you see what I mean about how the stocking should be angled due to gravity. Just suggestions though!!

Last edited:

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello!

Nice work redoing the parkour! I tested it just now, and while I still think some parts are a little tricky it is a LOT better than before! It now fits the Medium difficulty a lot better than before :D

Again, no time left to give a full review, but I wish you good luck :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Nick, Arvk, and Elly,

Your map has now been put in ONGOING. It has been judged by me and is currently in the process of being judged by our Map Judge team. You can expect an answer in the coming days! Thank you for your patience.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Nick, Elly, and Arvk,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we have our fair share of Christmas-related maps, none are centered around stockings so this is most definitely an originally themed map submission. Good job on picking out something unique!
  • Build: Personally, I think the build could've been executed a little better. Something more could've been done with the stocking itself that wasn't just adding floating presents around it (this feels like a bit of an afterthought). For instance, you could either have the contents in the inside be way more apparent and have them sort of bulge out, make the stocking itself much larger and have it be resting/hanging on something, or just about anything else that elevates it and makes it not just a floating sock.
  • Parkour: The parkour was not very fitting for the medium difficulty in terms of difficulty, not length. It was just pretty difficult overall so nerfing it a bit would be great, even though the cp placement was pretty good. Furthermore, the parkour itself wasn't very entertaining to do. A good way to put it would be that it just sort of hugs the build and creates this monotonous parkour path that isn't super fun to play. The variety is there, it's just a little on the boring side.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.