GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
(Yup, I did it. After a few weeks of working on this list, it's done!)

This is my top 10 list of best Shinxray maps. The levels in this list I find incredibly enjoyable to play, there wasn't really any other criteria! I hope you appreciate the effort I've put into this! The list is published 14th of December 2020

The list consists of MY personal opinions, no one else's thoughts affected the map placements. You can, and most likely do have a different opinion, it's up for debate! But let's not start personal arguments in the comments :)

Enjoy!

TOP 10 BEST SHINXRAY MAPS

1st: CelestialResort (My Record Time 18min48sec) (Insane)
This map is one of my favorite maps on the whole server. The quality, effort, gameplay, everything is so incredible in this map. This is one of the most well made maps I have ever seen on the server, and it's incredibly fun and unique. The parkour is really long, and has a puzzle gimmick, where you have to do special things and open doors with minecarts. It adds an amazing spice to the Parkour, that no other map with any puzzles has achieved. Everything about this map is so perfect, that the longer length actually makes it nicer and more of a treat to play! It is also the best multiplayer/co-op map on the server ever, no other map tops this on that aspect! Easily Shinx's best map, no other comes even close.
2020-12-14_21.29.19.png

2nd: Hwahee (My Record Time 4min08sec) (Expert)
This is an Expert I first played a really long time ago, and I loved it back then. After replaying it again, my opinion is unchanged. I'm honestly not sure what it is, but this is my favorite Expert map by Shinx. I enjoy how challenging it is, compared to other Expert maps, but it's not up to a point where it's annoying (like MorayTower, sry) Overall the jumps feel really exotic compared to the other maps in this list, and the only annoying part the map used to have was nerfed to be very nice! Incredible map!
2020-12-14_21.29.40.png

3rd: Nanachi (My Record Time 4min44sec) (Insane)
This is Shinx's most recent Insane map, (as of 14th December 2020) and oh my god it is amazing. This map has a gimmick, where it has very easy and straight forward parkour, but has a VERY small amount of checkpoints. This makes it incredibly speedrunnable, which is something I personally enjoy a lot in maps. The gameplay is varied and fun, and the map really does feel like a map fully made to be speedran. Now of course there are parts that could be a little better, but the thought and effort put into this map is very clearly evident! Definitely one of Shinx's most fun maps to play!
2020-12-14_21.30.05.png

4th: YuruCamp (My Record Time 6min23sec) (Expert)
This map is really fun. Like I mean really fun. Some people apparently didn't think this was the best of an Expert, but I honestly think Shinx nailed almost everything with this map. This map feels like a medium-hard Expert and has some of the most satisfying jumps to do ever. Lots of fun slime jumps, unique mechanic room, it's everything you would want from a Shinxray map. There are 1 or 2 annoying jumps at one checkpoint to be fair, but other than that this is an incredible map.
2020-12-14_21.30.24.png

5th: 7 (My Record Time 11min33sec) (Insane)
This map is challenging. Like quite tough. It's very memorable for me, I played this the first time a little bit over a year ago, and struggled on it for 3 hours. Of course, it's not actually that hard, but a little challenging for sure! This map has somewhat lengthy checkpoints with tricky jumps, and unique sections like a portal hopping section that isn't in any other map. This map is great to play through every single time I want a challenge.
2020-12-14_21.31.55.png

6th: EiffelTower (My Record Time 13min36sec) (Insane)
This map is an older one, and a really enjoyable Insane. To me, this map is a nice not too hard of a challenge. The parkour isn't what I would expect from a Shinxray map, but it is enjoyable nonetheless. The parkour feels a lot like the older Insanes, which is not very common with Shinxray's maps but this map does it SO WELL! Most older Insanes aren't very fun to play, but this one is a grand exception!
2020-12-14_21.30.43.png

7th: Celeste (My Record Time 6min28sec) (Expert)
Honestly, all the harder difficulty maps have been dominating this list so far, because Shinx manages to make them really enjoyable. The Expert map to make it in at 7th spot is Celeste. If you have played this map, you might remember it being tough, because it is. This map is very very challenging for an Expert map, but still not hard enough to be an Insane, which I like. When I feel like doing a tough map, but don't feel like picking an Insane map that is really tough, I can pick this one! The parkour is so well made, it is challenging for an Expert but also enjoyable. All of this puts it this high in the list.
2020-12-14_21.32.18.png

8th: Nero (My Record Time 3m48sec) (Hard)
This is the Hard map that made it in. I'll be honest with you, this map is cool. It's one of if not Shinx's most recent Hard map he has made, and it includes some really unique stuff that I haven't quite seen in a Hard map before. The parkour is varied and enjoyable, which shouldn't even be a surprise anymore at this point, but this map has a cool mechanic called "Double Room" where you play through rooms and have to change if you fail either of them. I find the parkour a little challenging for a Hard map, but that doesn't make it less fun.
2020-12-14_21.32.47.png

9th: Ashley (My Record Time 0m26sec) (Easy)
This is my favorite easy map by Shinxray, and it was a close call between two maps. However I decided to pick this one over the other one due to how simple this one is. A nice build of the character with parkour that fits the easy difficulty and has an enjoyable flow to it, without being too complex. The parkour doesn't really get boring, and is fun to run through many times in a row.
2020-12-14_21.32.33.png

10th: KingBidoof (My Record Time 1m11sec) (Medium)
This map is the last entry that made it in the list, and it is a pretty recent course. As expected by this, the parkour is well varied and interesting. The build looks really nice and accurate to me, and the parkour also had some quite unique jumps that I hadn't seen before in a Medium map. It's a very solid Shinx course, and fun to speed through. It might be a little tough comparing to other Mediums, but that shouldn't be too big of an issue.
2020-12-14_21.32.59.png

To end this list off, here's two honorable mentions that didn't make it into the list!

Hachikuji (Expert)
Monsters,Inc (Insane)

Thanks for checking out this list! Tell me what you think of these maps if you have played them, I am curious to see if you agree or disagree with my list :) Let's keep it friendly however!

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
i will endlessly disagree with your opinions on Nanachi

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Shinx maps scare me (in terms of difficulty) but i've heard good things about 7 and celestial so we'll have to see o:

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Never had the time to reply here, so I will do it now.
Thanks for the ranking ! I kinda expected CelestialResort being that high tbh, it's my most unique and interesting parkour map (It's not my fav map I made tho, because of the outside).
I also knew you liked Nanachi, so it's not a surprise too (I still think I could change some stuff, maybe nerfing a bit the 5th layer/sea of corpse ?)
Quite a surprise for the 3 experts (Hwahee, YuruCamp and Celeste), I really like what the build ended for Hwahee and YuruCamp (Hwahee is still one of my top 10 map even to this day), Celeste is kinda weird tho, I like the build (less than the 2 others experts), but the parkour is odd and was not supposed to be hard. YuruCamp's parkour is also a bit weird, I just wanted an experts with a lot of slimes, but ended with a map with a lot of weird head hitters.
Nothing much to say about Nero, Ashley and KingBidoof, I like those 3 maps even tho I think I have better maps (I prefer Witch, Flow and Bookworm for example)
The biggest surprises are 7 and EiffelTower, those 2 are my least fav insanes I made. For EiffelTower, it's mostly because I don't care much about the map (I don't like building structures in general, this map got nerfed a lot when I and Wizolo submitted it, and I generally prefer making maps alone). 7 in another hand, I hate this map, I think the builds looks quite bad now imo, the parkour is way harder than I expected, this map got nerfed a bit too.

I would agree with Pris that Hachikuji should replace EiffelTower, or at least 7, but that's probably because Hachikuji is so fun to spectate.
I also really like maps like DropKick! (well mostly the build, I should prob change the last part), Megumin (I still really like the build, and the parkour is quite fun at some points) or SquidMelody (again, mostly the build, maybe I could change a bit some parts of the map ?)