Dedicated Member
PATRON
guyseth
guyseth
Patron
Ratings
108 3
P2W.png

So this happened today, after months of buying cubits and selling them so others could enjoy the store without having to spend their own money.
#p2w

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
We are number one!

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I mean...congrats...but poor cheril...

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Cher's reign over the kingdom has finally come to a close. After hours of hours of grinding ocean waves cher made her way up the most prestiged player on manacube. She worked for what she had and though its sad to see her overtaken atleast it was by someone cool, congrats seth

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
178 5
Paying only to pass someone who has spent years on the server to grind maps kinda sucks
He literally said he paid so the others could enjoy the store without spending money and not just to overtake her place as the most prestiged player lol

Pris

Forum Expert
ELITE
Prisioner
Prisioner
ELITE
Ratings
383 7
He literally said he paid so the others could enjoy the store without spending money and not just to overtake her place as the most prestiged player lol
then why did he spend all his mana on prestiging then?

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
178 5
then why did he spend all his mana on prestiging then?
It wouldn't make sense to buy Cubits with that Mana lmaoo, there's literally nothing else what you can do with Mana but buying Cubits and ranking up and prestiging.

Last edited:

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Press space to win

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
Seth, I respect you as a player and map maker, maybe more than anyone else (no offense to other Seth-Stans).

But that just seems kinda scummy. Like i’m not trying to take sides but given the fact that Cher had such a journey to 31, it just seems unfair to overtake that with such ease.

Granted, there’s no rule against P2W, so it’s fine, but still, viewing from the perspective of the players of the Parkour community, it just seems... wack.

Love you man.

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14
Seth, I respect you as a player and map maker, maybe more than anyone else (no offense to other Seth-Stans).

But that just seems kinda scummy. Like i’m not trying to take sides but given the fact that Cher had such a journey to 31, it just seems unfair to overtake that with such ease.

Granted, there’s no rule against P2W, so it’s fine, but still, viewing from the perspective of the players of the Parkour community, it just seems... wack.

Love you man.
? In the EULA of mc there is a rule against p2w, it's just that nobody follows it which is Sdhioatklsthsdlkt hdastilo

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
? In the EULA of mc there is a rule against p2w, it's just that nobody follows it which is Sdhioatklsthsdlkt hdastilo
Okay I did not know this, however, this does nothing but further support my claim

Redubbed

Forum Expert
VIP+
Redubbed
Redubbed
VIP+
Ratings
116 4
The rule states that servers cannot make users pay for content that gives them an advantage over other users. Have a lot of prestiges is only a cosmetic thing, so it doesn’t break the EULA.

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
The rule states that servers cannot make users pay for content that gives them an advantage over other users. Have a lot of prestiges is only a cosmetic thing, so it doesn’t break the EULA.
okay guess i was right after all XD

Redubbed

Forum Expert
VIP+
Redubbed
Redubbed
VIP+
Ratings
116 4
After making this comment, I decided to do some research and I just wanted to further clarify some things. Since there is a leaderboard for Prestiges, buying tons of Cubits, selling them, and Prestiging a bunch of times is pay-to-win, however, it does not break the Eula, because as I mentioned earlier, you get no gameplay advantage from doing it. This would also apply to the Cubits leaderboard itself.

It can be argued that buying ranks do provide a tactical advantage through things like /kit giving potions and enderpearls or /speed, however, I do not believe it does because the items can still be obtained in-game for very fair prices and /speed does not affect Challenge mode, which is where a lot of the competition on Parkour is.

As far as I know, I don't think the Parkour server on ManaCube is pay-to-win, however, if you think I am wrong, please tell me! I'd love to have a discussion about this. Also, bear in mind I only play Parkour, so I can't speak on the other game modes and if they are pay-to-win our not.

Cheers!

chosm

Dedicated Member
ELITE
chosm
chosm
ELITE
Ratings
116 7
After making this comment, I decided to do some research and I just wanted to further clarify some things. Since there is a leaderboard for Prestiges, buying tons of Cubits, selling them, and Prestiging a bunch of times is pay-to-win, however, it does not break the Eula, because as I mentioned earlier, you get no gameplay advantage from doing it. This would also apply to the Cubits leaderboard itself.

It can be argued that buying ranks do provide a tactical advantage through things like /kit giving potions and enderpearls or /speed, however, I do not believe it does because the items can still be obtained in-game for very fair prices and /speed does not affect Challenge mode, which is where a lot of the competition on Parkour is.

As far as I know, I don't think the Parkour server on ManaCube is pay-to-win, however, if you think I am wrong, please tell me! I'd love to have a discussion about this. Also, bear in mind I only play Parkour, so I can't speak on the other game modes and if they are pay-to-win our not.

Cheers!
As you said, buying ranks for things like speed and monthly chests, I really think this is enough to say that parkour is p2w because as someone who used to use speed all the time (speedy gonzalez, if you will), i can say that it’s a huge advantage