Today we have very exciting news for ManaCube! As most of you know, ManaCube is ran by the company ManaLabs. ManaLabs also runs MineVille, a large Minecraft network established 3 years ago. Both servers are very similar in many ways, as they share the same development team. We have made the decision to merge both networks together; MineVille will merge into ManaCube. We have really big plans for moving forward and this is the best course to take.
There are many advantages to the merge, including
- Pooling of resources and talent
- Complete focus of the manalabs team on one network
- Faster expansion/growth/content
- Faster bug fixing
- Advertisements focused on 1 network
- Admin team instantly increasing to 15
- Unique gamemodes increasing to 12
As of last night we have already put our proxies and hubs on a cloud scaling platform
This merge will open the door to many new opportunities and we cannot wait to show you what we have been working on.
Transfer of MineVille profiles
- Minebucks will transfer to cubits. 100 Minebucks is 1 cubit (there is no loss of value). On ManaCube 1 cubit is $1, while on MineVille 100 minebucks is $1.
When this is ready you will need to type /minebucks on ManaCube to redeem them.
Mineville players will have 6 weeks to claim their minebucks before the command is removed.
- Ranks will transfer to their equivalent ManaCube rank. ManaCube is also per-server ranks like MineVille
- Any purchased perks from MineVille such as glows, colors, titles, pins, wardrobe gear, infinite flight, /rename, etc will transfer.
Purchase total is also synced with ManaCube
- Season vault items inside mineville vaults will also transfer (and be reformatted to match ManaCubes)
- July 16 - Skyblock Release on ManaCube
- July 16 - Asgard added to ManaCube
- July 16 - Infinity added to ManaCube
- July 23 - Survival Release on ManaCube (?)
- July 23 - MineVille now automatically connects to ManaCube
- July 30 - Earth Release on ManaCube
- August ? - Impostor Release on ManaCube
Release Date: July 16
On July 16th, MineVilles Water & Fire Skyblock realms will merge with Aztec & Oasis realms to create 1 mega Skyblock realm. This will utilize our new tech to support all these players on one realm. I will not go into the new features of the new skyblock realm otherwise this thread will be too long but expect a whole separate announcement for Skyblock pretty soon.
(Skyblock's new spawn)
Release Date: July 23
Mana's Survival realm & MineVille's Kingdom Survival will merge to create one mega Survival realm on ManaCube. We are aiming for this realm to release one week after Skyblock but there are no assurances that we will 100% meet that timeline. There will be a multitude of new features, bug fixes, and economy-rebalances (as we know a lot of you are unhappy with kingdom's current spawner fragment economy). Survival will also use our new multi-server tech. There will be a separate announcement prior to survival release with all information regarding the reset.
(Survival's new spawn)
(Survival's new spawn)
Release Date: July 30
Earth players will get a bunch of new features & a new release on ManaCube one week after Survival (again, this is not a 100% set-in-stone date, but it is what we want to achieve). Expect a lot more players on Earth after the release on ManaCube. We will be implementing suggestions we have received over the past few months as well & adding regions with custom monsters to win rare vanilla items & other perks. There will be a separate announcement prior to earth release with all information regarding the reset.
(Earth's new spawn)
Asgard will release on ManaCube as-is with no reset on July 16 if everything goes to plan. Asgard is like Olympus but with Norse mythology. We have big prison updates coming later this year, as well as boss updates & more this month.
MineVilles infinite Anarchy server will be moved to ManaCube as-is but will be renamed to Infinity & will have chat rules. The world will NOT reset as we promised we would never reset it.. This is the only change that anarchy will have: name change & chat rules.
The impostor minigame will be released on ManaCube in August. Our entire network is now also on a cloud scaling platform, allowing us to easily release other minigames in the near future.
THE ADMIN TEAM
The admin team will be growing from 7 to 15!
Dacon - Content
Pizza - Content
Frogsoup - Content
Cullan - Developer
Boom - Developer
Rory - Developer
Marcel - Developer
Toffy - Modeler/Artist
Purpz - Head Staff Management
Dylan - Head Staff Management
Esther - Head Staff Management
Ping - Staff + Community Management / Support
Lighthoused - Staff + Community Management / Support
Sil - Staff + Community Management / Support
Ana - Staff + Community Management / Support
You can see more mineville related FAQ at https://mineville.org
Why merge the two networks?
ManaCube and MineVille will be merging for multiple reasons. Currently MineVille receives a bad reputation from the similarly named ‘MineVille City’ realm on the Bedrock edition of Minecraft. For future plans and goals for the server, it will be easier to accomplish these as ONE network, and as they are both owned by ManaLabs, combining both networks will make accomplishing these goals a lot easier. Doing so will also mean there will be more opportunities for advertising to further the growth of the network.
How will the realms merge?
- Skyblock will merge into one fresh ‘Mega’ Skyblock (Water, Fire, Aztec & Oasis).
- Asgard (MineVille) and Anarchy (MineVille) will be added to ManaCube as-is, so no reset will happen for these realms at this time.
- Anarchy will be rebranded to ‘Infinity’ and will have chat related rules added that will be enforced by all members of staff (Anarchy/Infinity will not have dedicated staff).
- Survival will also be merging into one fresh ‘Mega’ survival server.
- Earth Towny will be re-released and updated.
- The ‘Imposter’ Mini-Game will also be added to ManaCube in August.
Will there be any changes to the rules?
Am I losing anything with this merge?
I am a patron on MineVille
The purchase totals on MineVilles store will be added onto ManaCube within the next few days.
What happens to the MineVille staff team?
MineVille staff team will be trained and promoted on ManaCube
Question not covered?
If your question was not mentioned in this FAQ, or you would like additional information
- Ask in this thread
- Ask in #merge-help discord channel
Let's have our best summer yet!
253.7 KB Views: 19,184