What would you add/remove to/from parkour?

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Hi folks!

I’m curious to see what you guys would add/remove to the parkour server if you could. :)
-Lionheart aka TigerTwist

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
add
- the ability to claim an elite key
- the promised parkour spectate elite perk
- daily quests of varying difficulty
- group chats so I don't have to deal with the stan fanatics
- two servers
- unlimited plots for mappers
- mapper+
- a better chat filter
- make it so I don't glitch on slime, soulsand, and stairs

remove
- luck vines
- archive old maps so new maps are front and center, allowing newer mapmakers to get a better sense of quality. (archive doesn't mean remove just put them in a separate section.)

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
i agree with almost everything casey said, but my top 2 things would be:

add
the elite key

remove
i like the archiving old maps idea, personally ;D

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
I do not agree with the archiving of old maps as these remind of fun memories with old friends and just put a sign at the end of the old maps section saying something like "Maps behind this sign, are old and do NOT follow the format on forms". The old maps I believe are staying in the place they are now was stated above

Add
-Basically everything Casey said but mapper+
-For forums: I'd like a format like staff applications for submitting maps.
-There is a radio which many people probs don't know about (/radio) and (/music) I'd like to see something in chat like "If you want to hear manacube's radio, type /radio or /music
-I would like a /tooltips command which enables and disables the tips that pop up in chat.
-Add a tutorial so when someone new joins they can do that or "/tutorial"

Remove
-Luck vines
-Portable Checkpoints (honestly, I like the Idea, I just feel like it was made poorly)
-Honestly, Remove banners or give them a better reason instead of /hat.
-Remove being able to join on 1.9+ as parkour is 1.8.

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
Remove locked rank :)

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
add
- the ability to claim an elite key
- the promised parkour spectate elite perk
- daily quests of varying difficulty
- group chats so I don't have to deal with the stan fanatics
- two servers
- unlimited plots for mappers
- mapper+
- a better chat filter
- make it so I don't glitch on slime, soulsand, and stairs

remove
- luck vines
- archive old maps so new maps are front and center, allowing newer mapmakers to get a better sense of quality. (archive doesn't mean remove just put them in a separate section.)
Dream isn't so great? Are you kidding me? When was the last time you saw a player with such aim ability and movement with a mouse? Clay puts the game on another level, and we will be blessed if we ever see a player with his skill and passion for the game again. Illumina breaks records. Couriway breaks records. Dream breaks the rules. You can keep your statistics. I prefer the magic.

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
idc about adding anything, everything said above is fine. but i so badly want smite GONE from pk dude it causes chat flood and stuffs up people on maps and it SUCKS. 0/10. if i had to add something then add a separate chat for noobs that only noobs and staff can see so any bots or people who need help can be dealt with easier.

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
ADD MONTHLY ELITE CRATE ON REWARDS IN SHOP FOR PARKOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
I would make it so chat was fixed, and add a racing teleport so it isn't so hard to race find people to race.

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I swear there was a thread like this like last week lol but I don’t mind. Agree with everything said. Archiving maps would be an interesting idea. But would maybe just take a long time deciding whether it should be archived. I think if there was just a separate section for archived maps just like a section there is for donator maps. The only issue is that it would spread a section like donator maps very thin cause most of the maps are older maps. Please give claimable elite key I want my party’s over join message ;-;

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
I swear there was a thread like this like last week lol but I don’t mind. Agree with everything said. Archiving maps would be an interesting idea. But would maybe just take a long time deciding whether it should be archived. I think if there was just a separate section for archived maps just like a section there is for donator maps. The only issue is that it would spread a section like donator maps very thin cause most of the maps are older maps. Please give claimable elite key I want my party’s over join message ;-;
I didnt see that hah im sorry :)

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
As a person who doesn't play parkour or have much interest in the server, I'm not really sure! However, I often hear parkour players complaining about there being a lack of elite perks on the server, so maybe adding some more perks?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Casey definitely threw most of the ideas that I agree with out there. However, I want to expand on the Mapper+ suggestion, solely because I believe that Mappers should receive far more compensation for their time and effort creating for the server. Mappers consistently provide new content for the server every single month on a gamemode that doesn't receive updates frequently like other gamemodes do.

This is why I want Mapper+ to exist, as well as a potential Senior Mapper position for those who have dedicated a great deal of time and energy to ManaCube and making the parkour server a better place. I also believe these position would provide progression for people who mainly play parkour to create maps, with increasingly more requirements to achieve these ranks. Don't really have any specifics as to what these could be at this moment :) I'd just love for Mappers overall to receive a little more love.

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Casey definitely threw most of the ideas that I agree with out there. However, I want to expand on the Mapper+ suggestion, solely because I believe that Mappers should receive far more compensation for their time and effort creating for the server. Mappers consistently provide new content for the server every single month on a gamemode that doesn't receive updates frequently like other gamemodes do.

This is why I want Mapper+ to exist, as well as a potential Senior Mapper position for those who have dedicated a great deal of time and energy to ManaCube and making the parkour server a better place. I also believe these position would provide progression for people who mainly play parkour to create maps, with increasingly more requirements to achieve these ranks. Don't really have any specifics as to what these could be at this moment :) I'd just love for Mappers overall to receive a little more love.
I like the mapper+ and SRMapper but what kind of perks do these people get besides more plots? Will a srmapper become part of the map judge team? Do they have access to others plots without needing permission? I'm curious on how this would end up and would love the two ranks being a thing on the server <3

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
I like the mapper+ and SRMapper but what kind of perks do these people get besides more plots? Will a srmapper become part of the map judge team? Do they have access to others plots without needing permission? I'm curious on how this would end up and would love the two ranks being a thing on the server <3
maybe mapper+ is 10 pk made, and SRmapper is 30

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124